Avisafe, A powerful bird disinfectant, DEFRA approved against Avian Flu!
Can be used safely for a broad range of cleaning requirements.
Avisafe - key features:
• A liquid disinfectant available in a concentrate or ready to use version
• Kills yeasts, fungi, viruses and bacteria. Effective against Avian Flu when used at a strength of 1 part Avisafe to 10 parts water
• Safe, non-corrosive and easy to use
• No toxic fumes or strong smells given off
• Can be used safely in the presence of birds so long as there are no puddles of disinfectant left
• Stable, long shelf life
Avisafe is DEFRA approved against three orders:
• Diseases of poultry order
• Avian Influenza
• Influenza of Avian Origin in Mammals order
DEFRA approved disinfectants should be on your list of "keep in the cupboard" products. This will reduce the risk of Avian Flu in your flock. Avisafe is on the list.
Strict hygiene is essential in bird keeping, especially in light of the latest Avian Flu reports. Poultry are particularly susceptible, but we cant rule out the risk that our cage & aviary birds have with avian flu. Baby birds (especially hand reared ones) do not have well-developed immune systems so they need extra special care. Ensuring that feed and water containers are cleaned properly and that cages are routinely disinfected is simple sound advice.
The really important factor to consider is whether your disinfectant kills a broad spectrum of germs. Many only kill bacteria and yet, as pointed out, we have already discovered that viruses are a major threat. Dont forget the risk from yeasts and fungi too.
The Pet Supplement Shop